Become a Certified Facilitator
Develop the Skill of Accountability in Others
Your organization has a unique culture and training needs — that’s why you need skilled internal facilitators.
You need to replicate your best-performing managers and teams. You know those rare managers: They figure out how to make “it” happen — regardless of what “it” is. They’ve mastered the secret to producing consistent, high-quality results. They take personal responsibility with every task, in every challenge — for ownership of results.
Become Core Strengths certified, and you’ll join the ranks of the very best trainers in the business. Core Strengths Accountability focuses on building the skills to develop a culture of ownership by:
- Creating a system for your team members to become personally responsible for outcomes.
- Choosing strengths more effectively – to accelerate better decision-making.
- Adopting an ownership mentality for achieving results.
- Navigating difficult conflict situations that inhibit accountability.
- Focusing on a high-stakes situations using an Accountability Action Planner.
“The Core Strengths Accountability approach provides a model that is easy to comprehend, intuitive and one to which people connect quickly. It helped people in our company relate to each other more effectively by understanding our own personal core and recognizing new ways to work together more productively while staying true to ourselves.”
–Orna Sarfaty, Ph.D., Senior Director of Human Resources, SanDisk
Become a Certified Facilitator:
- Become an expert on how to deliver the Core Strengths Accountability-based training program quickly and effectively.
- Be backed by the world’s most intelligent training platform—which combines our award-winning Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) assessment tool with next-generation facilitation technology.
- Master powerful assessments that give managers and teams throughout your organization a common language for understanding how best to deploy their strengths and take accountability for their results.
Getting Certified Is Easy
A Closer Look at the Two Days
Learn at our global headquarters in San Diego (or at our satellite locations in Chicago and Washington, D.C.) — direct from the thought leaders who created the Core Strengths Accountability program. You’ll dive deep into how to facilitate the training like an expert.
- Trainers dissect the theory behind the training so you’ll master the content at the deepest level.
- Learn to facilitate experiential learning activities like a seasoned professional.
- Access all of the capabilities of the Core Strengths platform, our proprietary training delivery platform that integrates course content with video, personalized reports, and trainer tools that make the classroom experience engaging and productive.
- Dive deeper into advanced facilitation techniques and learn how to implement training agendas.
- Practice your new facilitation skills in a high-energy, safe, and constructive environment.
- Discover new opportunities for application that will elevate individual and organizational performance.
The Certification Workshop Covers Five Modules:
- Accountability Through Strengths: The Key to Personal Responsibility
Research shows that two things — taking ownership of personal responsibilities and taking initiative for results — are essential to developing personal and organizational accountability. Module 1 explores how accountability is both a choice you make and a skill you develop. You will learn how to refine that skill by connecting external systems (task management, meetings, etc.) with your internal motives and values. You will also review your Strengths Portrait assessment to see how you take initiative with your strengths and how you can better choose strengths to get results. During this module, you will begin using the Accountability Action Planner to tackle a high-stakes situation you’re facing with two key stakeholders at work.
- Understanding Your Core: The Drive for Accountability
The Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) helps you understand what motivates you and others, be it People, Performance or Process. You possess a unique blend of these three motives and that blend is your Motivational Value System (MVS). Your MVS determines how you make commitments, choose strengths and initiate action. To reinforce these concepts, you will participate in engaging group exercises. You will also use the SDI Quick Guide to further build your Accountability Action Planner, linking your high-stakes situation to what truly motivates you and your two stakeholders.
- The Impact of Filters: Owning Your Perceptions
Filters help you frame a situation so you know where to focus your attention, but at times they block information that would be useful. Explore how filters affect your ability to accurately perceive situations and effectively take ownership of your responsibilities. Learn to see beyond the limitations of your filters to refine the assumptions you’re making about your stakeholders.
- Accountability in Conflict: Triggers and Changing Conditions
Conflict can have a profound effect on a high-stakes situation and the people in it. Hone your ability to spot the sometimes subtle signs of conflict. Learn to choose strengths that de-escalate or prevent conflict. Discover how your Conflict Sequence (part of your SDI results) explains the changes in the motives you experience and the choices you make during conflict. Continue using your Accountability Action Planner to assess conflict in your high-stakes situation and capture ways to improve your effectiveness.
- Working With Core Strengths: Developing the Skill of Accountability
Put the skill of accountability to work — use your Accountability Action Planner to choose more productive strengths in your high-stakes situation and effectively engage your two stakeholders. Practice taking initiative with your strengths. Learn how to link any strength to your core and take ownership for your results.
During the facilitator certification course, you’ll:
- Receive the Core Strengths platform – an innovative delivery platform (USB drive powered by your laptop) that contains video vignettes, a powerful training tool for displaying participant assessment data, and an intuitive curriculum design brought to life by rich graphics.
- Learn how to deliver the Core Strengths Accountability program in your organization.
- Be mentored by a master facilitator and benefit from their knowledge and experience.
- Practice facilitation and program-delivery skills with peers.
- Gain access to the Core Strengths Accountability community and trainer resources.
- Become equipped to immediately deliver Core Strengths training.
- Join a global community of more than 4,000 certified facilitators.
- Have the tools, resources, and expertise you need at your fingertips to start unleashing the strengths of your organization’s people — today.
As a Core Strengths Accountability certified facilitator, you’ll have access to a wealth of support resources:
- Complete set of learner resources — including the Strength Deployment Inventory and Strengths Portrait online assessments, Core Strengths workbook, SDI Quick Guide, and the Working With Core Strengths book.
- Facilitator Manual (with multi-agenda formats) to guide your training program.
- Canvas carry-all bag with leather details for transporting your training materials.
- Access to FacilitatorSource — which you can use to administer online assessments, receive updates and access additional resources.
- Core Strengths platform (USB remote and key) — used to display group results, present slide content, play videos, and operate on-screen timers for activities and breaks.
- IOGEAR RedPoint Pro presentation remote with built-in gyroscopic mouse for effortless navigation between the workshop slides.