Deliver Results Through Effective Relationships
Attend a Core Strengths Workshop to Learn the How of Working Better Together.
It’s a big promise, but we mean it — and we have 43 years of results to back it. Those results include more than two million people across thousands of organizations, who work with more purpose, satisfaction, and success because of Core Strengths.
–Tim Perlick, Sr. Director, Professional Development, CME Group (Chicago Mercantile Exchange)
Today’s Reality? Collaborative relationships are the key to effective teams.
That’s because the ability to interact effectively with people isn’t a ‘nice-to-have’ – today – its non-negotiable. New goals, different team members, and changing roles, structures and accountabilities are realities that generate poor performance. Faulty work relationships often result in conflict that impact every aspect of delivering projects on plan and on budget. It is not the lack of knowledge, skills or motivation, but the mismanagement of relationships that creates the greatest cost to work teams.
People are complex, and that can make interacting with people challenging. At times, it can make them downright difficult – but relationships don’t have to be. Today, managers need people to understand that everyone speaks a unique ‘collaboration language’. That’s where Core Strengths comes in. Our training helps managers and teams understand their own language, and the languages other people speak. It provides even further understanding of how those languages change during conflict and, in turn, how to prevent, manage and resolve it.
Equip teams to succeed. Give them the tools to take initiative, innovate, and make smart decisions. Give them the Core Strengths advantage.
Core Strengths integrates the communication of three business priorities:
- People – a concern for helping and developing others
- Performance – a concern for directing action and achieving results
- Process – a concern for establishing clear and meaningful order
-Case Study: International Society for Performance Improvement
What you’ll learn:
In this action-oriented program, you’ll discover how to:
- Develop the skill of collaborative communication.
- Build stronger commitments and responsibility between people.
- Increase your ability to engage in productive opposition and better decision making.
- Understand, accept, and have appreciation of relationship intelligence.
- Gain personal authenticity.
- Increase personal accountability for producing results through relationships.
“I’m constantly impressed by Core Strengths — both the content, and the ease with which it is delivered. It leverages the power of deep collaboration, and puts that insight to work in the daily choices our managers make.”
–Debra LaCroix, Learning & Development, Princess Cruises
How you’ll learn:
The Core Strengths program helps you transform powerful new concepts into swift, effective action by learning how to:
- Assess Motives: when the stakes are high – we need to be clear about the results we want, as well as to understand how to productively handle opposition and conflict.
- Borrow the Right Strength: since it is all about using the right tool for the job – we need to deploy the right strengths (behaviors) while managing our weaknesses (overdone strengths) to give maximum effort.
- Communicate in the Right Style: we need to leverage the power of a common collaborative language to communicate in a way that other people can understand.
You’ll leave the session with the knowledge and skills critical for addressing your highest-stakes workplace situations—including an action plan tailored to a specific situation you’re facing. Your plan will detail:
- Assessing what’s really happening beneath the interpersonal surface and how to clearly understand everyone’s motive-driven behavior.
- What strengths you need to deploy with your team to create the best possible outcomes.
- How to communicate with your stakeholders in their language to productively achieve your goals.
Core Strengths workshops deliver a huge payoff—translating into maximum ROI.
“Core Strengths has made a difference in our organization. Managers are using strength-based skills in their coaching conversations, and reporting they are more effective than ever before.”
–Jonathan McGrael, Sales Director, Arbor Pharmaceuticals
Put Your Plan Into Action
All participants complete an in-class Action Plan that prepares them to build their interpersonal relationships and develop a collaborative language to use in a high-stakes situation at work. This brings the learning to life by connecting key concepts with real-world challenges from a familiar and time-sensitive context. Not only are participants encouraged to put their new insights to an immediate test, but they are also given a clear and repeatable process to follow in other situations, thus making Core Strengths sustainable long after the initial classroom experience.